It’s Thirsty Thursday. How about a vootbeer? No, it’s not my German heritage coming through in an accent when I say root beer. It’s the name of this very easy, but very delicious, feature for our Thirsty Thursday drink this week. This one’s not for the kiddos but hey, just make them a regular root beer float and everyone’s happy!
So, how about a vootbeer?
- 2 oz. vanilla Vodka
- 5 oz. A&W Root Beer (or your favorite brand)
- Whipping cream for garnish (or a dollop of yummy vanilla ice cream)
- Maraschino Cherry (optional)
- Fill glass with ice
- Pour vodka over ice and then fill with root beer
- Garnish top with whipping cream and cherry if desired
Think I’ll whip up a few of these, head to the lake and hang out on my favorite pool float (kinda Nascar-looking if you ask me…)
the vootbeer recipe originated from creative-culinary.com (with a few modifications from SplashMommy)